Sunday 10 April 2016

Editing First Draft - 5 - execution scene

When I came to editing the execution scene, I knew I had my work cut out for me. I started off by adding a 'camcorder' filter to the footage. I then started putting this part of the sequence together, cutting between the two different shots of it to maintain pace and expand on our use of angles and shots in the sequence. We also noticed that Robert had accidentally looked up at the camera frequently throughout this scene. To hide this (as well as to add tension to this uncomfortable-to-watch scene) I added a series of static transitions. I chose this transition as it relates to the camcorder effect used, allowing it to become part of the scene rather than just being there to lead to the next. I then further experimented with slow motion: slowing down the moment the innocent man in shot, then speeding it up as he drops to the ground. This emphasis the seriousness of a situation such as this, encouraging the audience to think about what they just witnessed and emerging them in the sequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment